How to Root Xiaomi Poco F1 Install Twrp Recovery & Unlock Bootloader
If you’re searching for How to Root Xiaomi Poco F1 Install Twrp Recovery & Unlock Bootloader if that is what brought you here you’re welcome. The Poco F1 has continued trending for a while now apparently for the legitimate reasons. It’s at the moment the cheapest smartphone at this time running with the Snapdragon 845 chipset. It also wears a tremendous 6.18-inch FHD+ display with the same storage and RAM space variants just like the Mi 8. Continue reading below to see how to root Xiaomi Poco F1 and Unlock Bootloader without much stress.
For us to successfully Root Xiaomi Poco F1, we will be working with the ADB Mode with TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Poco F1. I will advise you to read and follow the step by step instruction on this article when flashing TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Poco F1 to avoid any unnecessary errors or end up bricking your smartphone.
We have come to an understanding that many Xiaomi Poco F1 have been Googled how to root Xiaomi Poco F1 in the past without getting any tangible results but with this article, you can be able to root and customize your Xiaomi Poco F1 to your satisfaction.
The most popular custom recovery for Android, the TeamWin Recovery Project (or simply TWRP), got updated to version 3.1.1. The new discharge does not bring multiple features but fixes the most irritating flaws of version 3.1. Flash this impressive recovery to your device to change the slow old recovery from your device. Download and flash the latest TWRP 3.X.X Recovery For Xiaomi Poco F1.
Basic Requirement To Root Xiaomi Poco F1
Before you can be able to have root access on your Poco F1 smartphone, There are necessary things that are needed to root Xiaomi Poco F1 without going through these steps you might not succeed. Be well informed that rooting voids your warranty, and Thickspecs.com will not be hold responsible if you mistakenly brick your smartphone in the quest of rooting it. So proceed at your own risk and make sure that you follow the step by step guide below to root your smartphone.
- Make sure the battery life is above 80%.
- Take a complete backup of your Poco F1.
- Download and install ADB Fastboot and install universal ADB Drivers on PC
- Download Supersu Files
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
How To Unlock Bootloader for Xiaomi Poco F1
Now, you have to make sure that the bootloader of your Xiaomi Poco F1 is unlocked. You can follow the steps below to do that.
- Enable “Developer Options” by clicking 6-7 times on “MIUI Version” option in the Settings.
- Turn ON “USB Debugging and OEM Unlock” in “Developer Options”.
- Go to this website http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on ‘Unlock Now.’
- You will be required to fill up a form and login with your Mi Account, then you have to “Apply Now”.
- After that, you should get the unlock permission in typically 2-3 days.
Alternatively, you can unlock the bootloader using Mi Flash Unlock Tool
First thing first, you have to sign in to your Mi Account by going to Settings, click on ‘MI Unlock Status’, then ‘Add Account & Device.’
- Download the Unlock Tool Here
- Extract the contents of the package and ensure you run the executable and enter your MI Login Credentials
- Now, on your Poco F1, log into your Mi Account.
- Since you have entered your Mi Login Credentials by Go to Settings > “MI Unlock Status” > “Add Account & Device”
- Connect your Xiaomi Poco F1 to PC, press and hold the Volume Down + Power button to reboot it into fastboot mode. The Unlock button should get active on the MI Flash Unlock Tool once you in fastboot mode.
- Reboot the device.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1
- Download TWRP for Poco F1
- Rename it to ‘recovery.img’
- Transfer the same to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Connect your Poco F1 to PC
- Go to the ADB & Fastboot installation folder and press Shift + Right Click.
- Select Open Command Window Here from the pop-up menu.
- Enter “adb reboot bootloader” into fastboot or bootloader mode.
- Enter “fastboot flash recovery .img” to flash install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1.
How To Root Xiaomi Poco F1
- Once you have installed TWRP on your Poco F1, You are now ready to root Xiaomi Poco F1. Simply follow the steps below.
- Make sure you downloaded the SuperSU ZIP file above.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons to reboot your device into recovery mode.
- You should see the TWRP menu, select ‘Install’ and select the SuperSU ZIP file as the browse option.
- Swipe to flash the SuperSU ZIP File
- After flashing, reboot the device.
We believe the above guides help you to Root Xiaomi Poco F1 Install Twrp Recovery & Unlock Bootloader, please before you zoom off share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.